3/4 Elliptical Rear Suspension
Before & After
- 4 - Stock Rear CJ Spring Packs (post-'76)
- 2 - Stock Rear YJ Spring Pads
- 4 - Custom bent U-bolts with washers and nuts
- Remove centering pin from CJ spring packs.
- get party bus service from New Jersey Party Bus
- Remove spring clamps and seperate main leaf.
- Cut main leaf 5-1/2" from centering pin towards large bushing. Hand
grinder will work. (See pic below)
- Drill new 3/8" hole 3" in from cut end.
- Re-install centering pin in new hole. (See pic below)
- Lift driver's side rear just before rear tire leaves the ground.
- Remove rear shackle from frame.
- Place new spring under frame so bushing and original shackle mount are
lined up front to rear.
- Mark location of centering pin on frame.
- Drill 1/2" hole on bottom of frame for centering pin.
- Use spare 1/2" bolt to line up spring plate and use u-bolts to mark
location for holes on support plate welded inside the frame rail.
- Drill 9/16" holes (2 per side) for u-bolts.
- Install u-bolts over frame and through 9/16" holes. (See pic below)
- Place new spring onto bottom of frame and put centering pin into 1/2"
- Secure spring with spring plate. (See pic below)
- Torque u-bolts to 90 ft-lbs.
- Re-install shackles to bushing in new spring.
- Repeat process for passenger side. NOTE: Must remove exhaust to
drill 9/16" holes in support plate.
- Completion Time approx. 3 hours.
- Total Lift = 1-1/4"
- Pre-paint springs before installation